Saturday, July 13, 2013

Rolling Along...

Two months down of deployment!!!! Four to go! God has been so so faithful in providing an amazing community and support system. It’s been amazing to connect with other women who are in the same situation (husbands are deployed). I would have never wished for a deployment, but on one hand it has been an incredible journey! Yes, there are many hard days, but yes, I also serve a Father who makes the weak strong and who brings joy to the brokenhearted! He has showed me so much about myself and is pruning me so much in this process. It’s a hard process, but I know that Christ will be glorious in it! Johnny is doing really well. He has gotten involved in a Bible Study and is getting to grow together in Christ with other believers! He is so exhausted, but he has not lost any joy (or that cute smile!). It is said that “absence makes the heart grow fonder.” I am learning this more and more every day. Every day, I get more and more excited thinking about the day when he gets off that plane! Every day is one day closer! As for the adoption, things are going so so good! As most of you know, we found out that we should be matched with a child in the next two months! We are beyond ourselves with excitement. One to three months after being matched, we (or most likely, I) will travel to Uganda for our court date! It’s looking like Johnny may be a daddy when he comes home from deployment!!!! The other day, I was kind of worrying about how we would raise that much money that quickly. I let my human nature get the best of me, wondering how WE would get the money, instead of how HE would provide! I had to place my trust in the Father about the finances, and he is providing! God is so good! I received a sweet letter from a child I used to babysit. She sent me a letter saying “I hope that this helps adopt the child” with $1 included. It still brings tears thinking about the compassion in sweet Natalie’s heart! If she only knew the difference she was making in people’s lives! Because of her sweet gift, I want to see how many people would take her challenge and give $1 to “help adopt the child”. When your donation is given, I will write your name on the back of a puzzle piece. When we have received enough to complete the puzzle, I will put it together and hang it in our child’s room. We want our child to know about all the wonderful people God has placed in our life to help us bring them home. Please prayerfully consider this. There are two ways the $1 can be sent. You can either mail it to us at 300 N. 38th Avenue, Apt. 13, Hattiesburg, MS 39401. Or you can donate via the Paypal link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment